Are you looking for a career in the medical field where you can really make a difference? Do you want to work in a professional and exciting environment—one that changes almost every day?
As a specialized medical administrative assistant, you’ll work in an industry that is constantly growing. The health care sector provides good jobs and offers lots of options in terms of places and ways to work.
|Location:||Prince of Wales Campus|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
Course Information is under review to be finalized for September 2017.
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- Private physician and dental offices
- Medical, dental and veterinary clinics
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Government health and social service departments
- Medical, dental, nursing, veterinary and other allied health training schools and colleges
- Insurance companies
- Research foundations and institutes
- Allied health organizations: Red Cross, AIDs, addiction services, ambulance services, and more
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the nationally accepted reference on occupations in Canada. It organizes over 40,000 job titles into 500 occupational group descriptions. It is used daily by thousands of people to compile, analyze and communicate information about occupations, and to understand the jobs found throughout Canada’s labour market. This program provides skills training that falls within the duties described in the following: NOC 1243.
- Grade 12 or equivalent with credits at or above the general level.
- Resumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program.
Note: An English grammar course and a keyboarding course with over 25 net wpm would be an asset. A Criminal Records Check is commonly required by employers in the field.
Open Academic Studies program
Feeling like you’re not quite ready for college? Check out the Open Academic Studies program.
Interested in taking a credit course but don’t want to register for an entire program? Credit courses provide credit toward a diploma or certificate program. Holland College has a variety of options for studying part time during the day, or, in some instances, in the evening or on the weekend.
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Medical Support Services program, contact: