This suite of courses offers an introduction to college studies while earning college level credits that may be applied to other program areas. The courses are aimed at improving the academic foundation for future career and program choices with the possibility of exploring other program areas.
The Open Academic Studies program is designed for students who may:
- Benefit from a preparatory year for building skills and experiences and participating in a college environment
- Need specific experiences to ensure career choice is right for them
- Need more experience in Canadian post-secondary education
- Have been out of school for some time
|Start Date:||September or January|
|Length:||3-5 courses per 15 week semester|
|Location:||Prince of Wales Campus|
- Grade 12 or equivalent with credits at or above the general level
- Resumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program.
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Open Academic Studies program, contact:
- Joanne d’Entremont
- Telephone: (902) 566-9334